(PROTECTION OF THE PRIVACY OF PERSONAL NON-PUBLIC INFORMATION)
* Protecting the confidentiality of our customer information.
* Who is covered by this policy?
* How Peoples Home Equity, Inc. gathers information?
* Types of information we share, why and with whom.
* Opting out- How to instruct Peoples Home Equity, Inc. not to share certain information about you or not to contact you?
PROTECTING THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF CUSTOMER INFORMATION
We take our responsibility to protect the privacy and confidentiality of customer information very seriously. Peoples Home Equity, Inc. maintains physical, electronic and procedural safeguard that comply with Federal standards to store and secure information about you from unauthorized access, alteration and destruction. Our control policies, for example, authorize access to customer information only by individuals who need access to do their work.
From time to time Peoples Home Equity, Inc. enters into agreements with other companies to provide services to us or make products and services available to you. Under these agreements, the companies may receive information about you, but they must safeguard this information and they may not use it for any other purposes.
HOW WE GATHER INFORMATION?
As part of providing you with financial products and/or services, Peoples Home Equity, Inc. may obtain information about you from the following sources:
* Applications, forms, and other information that you provide to Peoples Home Equity, Inc.
whether in writing, in person, by telephone, electronically, or by other means
– This information may include your names, address, employment information, income and credit references;
* Your transactions with Peoples Home Equity, Inc. our affiliates, or others
-This information may include your account balances, payment history and account usage;
* Consumer reporting agencies – This information may include account information and information about your credit worthiness;
* Public Sources – This information may include Real Estate records, Employment records, telephone numbers, etc.
INFORMATION Peoples Home Equity, Inc. SHARES
Peoples Home Equity, Inc. may disclose information we have about you as permitted by Law.We are required to or we may provide information about you to third parties without your consent, as permitted by Law, such as:
* To regulatory and law enforcement officials
* To protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims or other liability
* To report account activity to credit bureaus
* To consumer reporting agencies
* To respond to a subpoena or actual sale, merger, or transfer of all or a portion of a business or an operating unit, etc.
In addition Peoples Home Equity, Inc. may provide information about you to our service providers to help us process your loan applications or service your accounts, Our service providers may include billing services providers, mail and telephone service companies, lenders, investors, title and escrow companies, appraisal companies, etc.
We may also provide information about you to our service provides to help us perform marketing services. The information provided to these services providers may include the categories of information described under “How we gather information” limited to only that which we deem appropriate for these providers to carry out their functions
We do not provide non-public information about you to any company whose products and services are being marketed unless you authorize us to do so. These companies are not allowed to use this information for the purpose beyond your specific authorizations.
Peoples Home Equity, Inc. may also share information about you within our Corporation. We may share all of the categories of information we gather about you, including identification information (Name, address, telephone, etc.),credit reports(i.e, credit history),application information(i.e, income or credit references) your account transactions and experiences with Peoples Home Equity, Inc. (i.e., payment history), and information from third parties (i.e,employment history).
By sharing this information, Peoples Home Equity, Inc. can better understand your financial needs. We can then send you notification of new products and special promotional offers that you may not otherwise know about. For example, if you originally obtained a mortgage loan with us, we would know that you are a homeowner and may be interested in knowing how a home equity loan may be better option than an auto loan to finance the purchase of a new car.
You may prohibit the sharing of application and third party credit-related information within our company or any third party company at any time. If you would like to limit disclosures of personal information about you as described in this notice, you may call 262-563-4026 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any concerns over misuse of your personal data, please contact us at 262-563-4026. To have your information corrected, please contact us at 262-563-4026.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.